in Asian brush painting. This is maybe the third or fourth time I've tried to do this. The first couple of times I called and emailed a nearby museum that is fairly well known for its Japanese-style gardens and that was offering a class. No reply to either attempt. Back in August, my trip to Vermont that morphed into a 'studio away from studio' experience started out with me registering for a class in brush painting. Which was cancelled, since I was the only one who had registered. Now, again, I've registered for a class and now there's this massive storm front bearing down. Okay, I get it. It's fate. I'm not going.In the meantime, I had picked up one of those 'painting class in a box' publications at Barnes & Noble. On brush painting. It has a book, paper, paints, ink, a palette, and brushes in it. This morning, I washed the sizing out of the brushes. On the weekend, I may try them out. Prepare for the apocalypse. Who knew I was this powerful?
[image: William Blake's Ancient of Days, via wikipedia]
4 comments:
Obviously you have powers unknown. Make it nice now. I'm sure you've seen enough winter by this time.
We don't have any measurable snow, but it's just a matter of time; unless you decide differently.
i am shaking in my boots... hope we get to see the results!
I'm in Toronto right now, feeling the effects of your awesome power. If I don't get home to Vancouver this weekend, I'll know who to blame:)
ps- I'm reading a biography of William Blake right now. Actually, I've been reading it for 3 yrs, it's not terribly engaging.
wv- inglodar, sounds like some Nordic storm god
Hi Ellen, so good to hear from you. I'll see if I can manifest a warm wind to gentle you home. I also have a couple of biographies that are taking years to get through -- or, more accuratley, to get to. I'm thinking it may be "donate to the library time" for several of them.
Excal! Kate, we have siginificant measurable snow. At least 4, if not 6, inches. I love the first snowfall, the quiet is so refreshing.
;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p The cat is helping me formulate my replies...
Natalya, I sincerely hope I have something of some kind to show at some time.
Post a Comment