Guess what?
Yes. That's right.
Today, 12/22, when I got home, I had another "attempted to deliver" message in the mailbox. The third time, of course, is the charm. If they again bring it to the house when I'm not there to sign for it, they will return it to the sender. Who is in Wales. And we'll get to start this whole thing over again from the top.
So, tomorrow, bright-ish and early-ish, instead of going to work, I will go the nasty PO in the renowned crime district and sign for it.
But it will be worth it. Don't you think?

Do navigate over to Jackie's blog and or to Sara's web page and see the other things Sara has made. So beautiful.
5 comments:
This is more then worth it!! I love Jackie's paintings and these works of jewelry are beautifully done. Lucky you!!
As an employee of the USPS I apologize for the blunders....sigh. I hope it all goes well.
It's definitely worth it, but take a water-pistol strapped to your hip just to look sassy like John Wayne.
Nobody will dare bother you!
And another thing - you really need to re-organise your life to suit the mailman :o)
Great..the word verification is: nomen!
Oh! You got one of Jackie's hares! (And, to take another step, I sent you one of her e-cards.)
I hope your postal problems are resolved without "police action."
Today, we have ossesc as the verification.
Gorgeous! I saw the pictures on Jackie's blog and fell in love with them. They remind me of the Japanese legends about the hare in the moon. Um, as another employee of USPS, i apologize for the mess-up. I'm sure it doesn't help to know that the carrier probably thought he/she was being helpful to bring it out again today. You can usually arrange for redelivery online, and that gets to them faster...if you had emailed them the day they tried to deliver, (theoretically) the carrier would have the notification before he/she went out on his/her route the next day.
Melanie, I am so sorry this keeps happening to you. Some things have to be signed for in person, and with others, you can just sign the pink slip and leave it in the mailbox and they will redeliver. I don't know how Jackie sent this lovely ornament; whether she required you to be present or not, but it will most definately be worth the trip to your awful P.O. And, yes, tell them you know me and that I want all this nonsense to stop immediately!
Post a Comment