Wednesday, February 15, 2012

economies of scale

Last year, whilst doing my almost-one-a-day projects, I did some line drawings that I liked. I wanted to try them in a much larger scale so I made some studies in a more intermediate size.

Originally, at 4 x 6 inches (10 x 15cm), they looked like this:

At 7.5 x 22 (19 x 56cm), they look like this:



color smudged (unsuccessfully, I know) under this one




forgot I wanted to "reference the frame" here
 I have paper that's 45 wide, so I'm going to try that next. But I think I need to clear off the dining table and devote it to this higher (or, rather, bigger) calling.

10 comments:

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

can't wait to see those 45's!

my croft said...

Me too!

Norma Schlager said...

These look great! Sure wish I could see a bigger picture.

Vivien Zepf said...

Oooh, very cool. Absolutely love them.

my croft said...

Norma,
I may bring them to the guild meeting, but I may not. I think it's going to be a lively enough session without them.

Vivien,
I'm very intrigued by these. I may try them in fabric at some point.

ArtPropelled said...

Really intriguing! Looking forward to the 45 wide pieces.

my croft said...

Robyn,
Me too! And I'm almost up to clearing the table, which will not be as much of a project as I feared. (I peeked yesterday.)

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

Ack! Big! Fear response here!

my croft said...

That's why I'm creeping on it "bigger." I'm so used to either the postcard-size rectangle or the scrapbooking-size square that are ubiquitous (and iniquitous) in fiber art that other scales are both enticing and scary.

my croft said...

eek. Hit "publish" too fast. That s/b "creeping up on 'bigger'"