I've been almost but not quite coming down with something for a couple of weeks. The main symptom of this thing has been an irresistible compulsion toward 15-hour naps relieved by half-hours of diminishing alertness.
In those fleeting moments of alertness I have managed to help coordinate a postcard exchange and learned a couple of helpful tips for getting going. To wit:
1. Set up a yahoo group. Set it up so that the personal info of the people in the group is available only to other members of the group.
2. Keep track of the folks who can't or won't yahoo and keep them informed of what's going on.
3. Once you have your major points settled -- theme or no theme, mail-by date, who's in and who's not -- make a list or table or spread sheet so you can keep track of whom you've sent to (and received from).
4. Make and send cards to five people at a time so you don't get into a major mass-production weekend or all-nighter the day before the mail-by, and -- I thought this was especially brilliant -- so people start getting cards almost immediately.
Whatever I was not quite coming down with seems, as of today, to have been routed by chicken broth laced with shocking amounts of garlic so I expect to have more to report sooner rather than later.
Looking forward.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
feel better! and show us some postcards..
Yes, we'd like to see some cards, now that you can stay awake for a couple of hours in a row!
Sounds like another fun project.Just as well you had all that garlic to give your system a noost!
Post a Comment